Imagine a small group of seriously ill kids standing on the field in a packed stadium, being introduced to fans resulting in one of the loudest standing ovations of the season. As a sports fan, you have fond memories of game day. In fact, you love game day. So, imagine if game day were the absolute best day of your life.
Special Spectators is a 501(c)(3) and since its beginning has been entirely volunteer based. We have no paid staff, including our founder and core team — and rely entirely on in-kind and cash donations to support our seasons. In any given season, we need to cover:
– Food and supplies for our G-rated tailgates and during the event
– Hospitality tents, tables and chairs
– Parking for families and event staff at our events
– Technology and media costs around our website and social media platforms
– Printing of event materials such as banners, brochures and name tags
– Airfare, motel, car/van rental, tolls and gas for volunteers for event travel — or to visit with our partners and affiliates
We continue to pursue new partners and corporate sponsors, who in teaming with us, will enable us to grow. It is our mission to serve more kids at more events, all year round, in all regions of the country, during all sports seasons. So, as we pursue our mission and new partners, your donations allow us deliver on our seasonal promise. Thank you for your support!
If you prefer make checks payable to “Special Spectators” and send to our address below.
1160 5th Avenue, #206
New York, NY 10029
Thank you for your support and a receipt will be mailed to you soon.
Your contribution means a great deal to Special Spectators, but even more to the children who attend our game day events.
If you have tickets for a game that you can’t attend, contact using the form below. At least 10 calendar days before the day of game we’ll find a seriously ill child and family who will be very excited and thankful for your donation.